Do you feel as though marriage counseling is too late to help your relationship recover from the discovery of porn or sex addiction?
After finding out, you feel like a part of you has died, or maybe you go into shock and shut down not knowing what to do next. For most people, they feel like it will never get better.
Throughout the course of their marriage, partners may have had these questions on their minds:
- Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night to find the bed empty next to you and wonder where your spouse is?
- Does it seem like your partner is not really with you when they are at home and their mind is somewhere else?
- When you have sex, does it feel like you might as well not even be there because your spouse isn’t really have sex with you?
- This is where most spouses start to wonder, “is this all that my marriage will ever be”?
There is roughly 70% of the men in US regularly look at pornography. 4o% of women are also consumers of porn.
Some statistics on porn from the National Center for Sexual Exploitation
- Regular use of porn among men and women, was found to be linked to increased verbal and physical aggression, according to a 2015 international study from 22 countries.
- Porn sites get more traffic than Amazon, Netflix, and Twitter combined every month!
- In 2018, 5.5 billion hours of pornography was consumed
I specialize in treating couples working through Sex and Porn Addiction.
Most couples, when coming to counseling, often have to do individual work before engaging in couples counseling. Frequently, the partner has many triggers that they must work through due to addict’s past behaviors. Moreover, even after working past finding out about the addiction, they still find themselves waiting for the next time that their partner will act out again. The addict needs time to establish healthy sexual sobriety. Also, they need to learn how to deal with life without using sex as a way to avoid emotional pain. After each have done work on themselves, they can come together and begin the creation of a new relationship without the habits and triggers of the past. and move forward in building skills that establishes a healthy sexual and emotionally connected relationship.
I can help give you tools to establish healthy emotional intimacy and create safety and trust within the marriage.
Porn and sex addiction is a readily growing problem affecting marriage across the US. I can help you navigate your path towards healing with the tools I have been trained in. I have helped people re-establish trust and intimacy by using Gottman’s methods for marriage, mindfulness, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Couples may wait until things are really difficult between them before seeking help. Get started today on making your marriage better. Call today.
Beginning Marriage Counseling is Easy.
- Reach out to Anew Counseling DFW to schedule your first appointment.
- Start learning the tools you need to create the kind of marriage you have always wanted